The Bourne Identity

Bourne enters the city...

Climax...


“I can walk, I can talk, I can add, I can subtract, I can laugh, I can kick, I can do this, I can do that…... but I don’t know who am I”. This is the situation Jason Bourne faces in “The Bourne Identity”.

Based on Robert Ludlum’s novel, this movie was released in 2002 as the first part of the series. In this movie, Jason Bourne tries to find his true identity, at the same time, CIA wants to track him down. Reason? Bourne is an assassin and he failed in an assassination which was assigned to him. Could he able to know who he was? Did he escape from CIA's attempt? That’s what “The Bourne Identity” shows us. A wonderful spy thriller indeed.

Matt Damon played as Jason Bourne is a perfect fit for this character. In this movie, Damon didn’t use body-double, instead, he has done so many stunts himself including climbing the safe house walls scene and hand-to-hand combat etc.

Since “The Bourne Identity” tasted success in 2002, two other sequels made, “The Bourne Supremacy” in 2004 and “The Bourne Ultimatum” in 2007. I really couldn’t rate which one is better. I like all the 3 movies.

“The Bourne Ultimatum” got nominated in 80th Academy Awards and won all the three, Best Film Editing, Best Sound and Best Sound Editing.

And apart from Matt Damon, I feel the good performance comes from Joan Allen who played as Pamela Landy in “The Bourne Supremacy” and “The Bourne Ultimatum”.

And to the surprise, another movie of Jason Bourne is going to be released in 2010 or 2011, that is, “The Bourne Legacy”. I can’t wait to watch this movie!

comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment