Public Enemies

More than 'Pirates of the Carribean' series, I personally like Johnny Depp's performance in Robert Rodriguez's "Once upon a time in Mexico". Ever since, I started to take notice whenever a film of his get released.

I guess my memory stays good. So I still remember when did I get a first look of this movie. I was in a showroom looking out for digital camera. They have had LCD TVs too. When I was looking at it in between, a trailer of this movie started. I was just looking at the TV. Digital Camera? Let's see later...first let me have a look at this movie.

When I came to know that this is a real story, I decided that I shouldn't miss this movie.




This story starts in 1930s. John Dillinger (Johnny Depp) is a notorious bank robber. He has a set of friends who always accompanies him during robbery. After the completion of a job, John meets Billie Frechette (Marion Cotillard) in a restaurant. At first, he introduces himself as Jack. But very soon he wanted to be true to her. So he reveals his identity. After a bit of hesitation, Billie falls for John.

Meanwhile, the FBI announces John as the Public Enemy No.1. Agent Melvin Purvis (Christian Bale) has been assigned to capture John Dillinger. Having belief in scientific methods, Melvin is so confident of putting John behind the bar. Truly, he does so. But still John manages to break the prison. Then what? Watch the movie...I don't want to spoil the suspense.

For the first one hour, I have had a little interest. As the movie progresses, it becomes so interested. But still, only if you have patience, you can enjoy this movie. This is not a kinda boom-boom-dush-dush action movie.

Just look at Johnny Depp's reaction while his girl friend being arrested by police. Fantastic performance! What more can you say?



comments

2 Comments:

  1. db said...

    Nice one and thanks for writing about Johnny Depp , almost all his movies are amazing different from each other, puts him in a different league in Hollywood too. His roles as Gilbert Grape in the movie "What's eating Gilbert Grape" , Blow , "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" "Secret Window" "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" "Sweeney Todd" "pirate series" and "Edward Scissorhands" "Donnie Brasco" etc are superb ..I've watched almost all of his movies..he is amazing..

  2. Raghu said...

    Thanks Bhupendra

Post a Comment